Today's another beautiful day in the city of St. John's! I worked, spent some time in the garden, and cooked supper for the fam.
I'm pretty excited tonight because I'm getting a deep freeze!!! Yup. That means my dream of stocking up on loads of awesome meat (ie: free range, grass fed, organic, local, no hormones or antibiotics, all that good stuff) is a possibility! Ya see, I'm going to be quite poor when nursing school starts up in September. So, the more I can stock up on now the better. Yay! Deep Freeze. <3.
Oliver's Farm in Whitbourne sells grass-fed free-range beef, pork, lamb, and poultry! How great is that?! They're also at the St. John's Farmers' Market on Saturdays from 9-2, but this Saturday I'm doing a day shift. I may try to adventure to Whitbourne on one of my days off.
Here's Oliver's Farm's Contact info:
Oliver’s Farm
Dave and Del Oliver
Phone:709-687-1639 or 709-687-3173
Dave and Del Oliver
Phone:709-687-1639 or 709-687-3173
Placentia Junction P.O. Box 435
Whitbourne, NL
A0B 3K0
Shop Real Food. That's something else to be excited about. The little organic grocery store on Logy Bay Road. I'm heading there on Friday afternoon! They're only open on Tuesday's from 10-7, and Friday's from 10-6. However, they do home deliveries daily, and you can shop online!
Let me show you what I cooked for supper!
I made dinner for my parents and I. When I'm cooking for them I don't always do a completely paleo dish. However, this was a gluten free, and very healthy meal. If you continue to read this blog you'll come to learn that I go all over the place in the "paleo spectrum". hahaha.
Here we go...

I cooked up extra lean ground turkey with some garlic shallots and brocolli.
I used Dominion's PC Organics frozen broccoli. I got it on sale for $2.99 a while ago! Loves a sale.
Then I boiled my gluten free pasta which was Prairie Harvest's Organic Corn Macaroni (gotta use Macaroni in a goulash). I got it in Dominion's organic section. It only has two ingredients, which I like, corn flour and water. It's also fairly low calorie, low fat, no sodium, no sugar, AND it has protein and iron. Score!
I added my new favourite pasta sauce to my meat and veggies. Simply Natural's Organic Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce. You can get four 739ml jars at Costco for $8.79!!!
I seasoned my meat and sauce a bit more with a dash of salt and pepper, and some paprika. Right before I was about take it off the stove I added a sprinkling of arrowroot powder and coconut flour to thicken it up. Then, everything was mixed in a salad bowl and topped off with crumbly feta cheese.
It made a great family meal...warm and comforting. Mom and Dad were big fans. :)
I used Dominion's PC Organics frozen broccoli. I got it on sale for $2.99 a while ago! Loves a sale.
Then I boiled my gluten free pasta which was Prairie Harvest's Organic Corn Macaroni (gotta use Macaroni in a goulash). I got it in Dominion's organic section. It only has two ingredients, which I like, corn flour and water. It's also fairly low calorie, low fat, no sodium, no sugar, AND it has protein and iron. Score!
I added my new favourite pasta sauce to my meat and veggies. Simply Natural's Organic Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce. You can get four 739ml jars at Costco for $8.79!!!
I seasoned my meat and sauce a bit more with a dash of salt and pepper, and some paprika. Right before I was about take it off the stove I added a sprinkling of arrowroot powder and coconut flour to thicken it up. Then, everything was mixed in a salad bowl and topped off with crumbly feta cheese.
It made a great family meal...warm and comforting. Mom and Dad were big fans. :)




No comments :
Post a Comment